Birthday Celebration Weekend

Monday, February 23, 2015




Every year for our birthday, my aunt makes us whatever meal we want. Chris and I were supposed to head to my parent's house on the weekend of my birthday, but something else came up that we were more than happy to cancel our trip for.

We were able to head down there this weekend and it was such a nice getaway. We got in early Saturday morning and just relaxed. My Mom made a big breakfast and we all just chit-chatted, napped, and my Mom and brother's girlfriend made my birthday cake.

Before dinner, we went down to my aunt and uncle's house (about 200 yards away) and played baseball with my little cousin. Country living at it's finest. You don't have to worry about balls flying through windows, or hitting the ball into the neighbor's yard. Tons of acreage means tons of space to play ball! 

We ate homemade pasta shells with garlic bread and salad. For dessert we have my Mom's homemade strawberry and cream cake, and my aunt's homemade banana split pie.

After dinner we all played dominos and then Sunday morning we had one more breakfast before heading back to Dallas.


Now we are iced in and school was cancelled! Of course Chris made it to work because guys seek the thrill in testing how well their four-wheel-drive works. Plus, his job doesn't exactly cancel because of the weather. Stinks for him hahha!

It is pretty icy here, so I am crossing my fingers I get one more day cuddled up here on the couch!

Happy Monday! 

9 comments:

  1. Those weekends are the best! Food and family...and a bonus day off?! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty is that cake?! Sounds like a pretty awesome weekend!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty cake! We are driving to Dallas (from CA) this weekend... Hope the ice goes away by then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is ONE beautiful cake! Happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am super jealous of your snow day but I know it was probably much needed so I will give you that!! The picture of y'all playing baseball in the field reminds me of my softball days. Those were the days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake looks amazing!! Sounds like you had a great weekend with family. Hope you enjoyed your snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful dear, your aunt is so sweet. The birthday cake is just amazing, and candles are just looking great on cake. Hey have you ever planned birthday party with help of party planner? I would like to know ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete